Having been led by the Spirit of God to trust the Lord Jesus Christ as my Savior, and on profession of my faith having been baptized by immersion in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, I do now in the presence of God and this assembly, commit to unite with New Life CityChurch. In making this commitment I resolve by the help of the Holy Spirit to endeavor to serve God and the New Life community of believers in the following ways:
I WILL PRIORITIZE MY PERSONAL WALK WITH GOD
- By pursuing my own and my family’s spiritual growth by prioritizing God’s Word in personal Bible study and application(2 Timothy 2:15).
- By living for the glory of God and reflecting the love of God in my private, public, and church relationships (1 Corinthians 10:31).
- By attending church services faithfully and encouraging my fellow church members (Hebrews 10:25).
I WILL STRIVE FOR UNITY IN THE NEW LIFE CHURCH BODY
- By practicing Christ-like love toward other members (1 John 4:7).
- By refusing to gossip or deal with problems in an unbiblical manner (Matthew 18:15-17).
- By supporting the leadership of the church with prayer, commitment and faithful financial giving (2 Corinthians 8:1-5).
- By watching over fellow members in Christian love through prayer and help in times of sickness or other difficulties (Galatians 6:10).
- By accepting and reciprocating spiritual encouragement from fellow members (Acts 2:42).
- By living a holy, God-centered life and walking carefully and honestly in the world in faithfulness to my commitments (1 Peter 1:13-16).
I WILL REACH OUT TO THE COMMUNITY AND THE WORLD
- By seeking with the help of the Holy Spirit, the salvation of all acquaintances (Matthew 28:19-20).
- By encouraging spiritual growth in others through discipleship (2 Timothy 2:2).
- By utilizing my gifts and talents for mutual edification (1 Corinthians 12:12).
- 2 Timothy 2:15 – “Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:31 – “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.”
- Hebrews 10:25 – “Not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.”
- 1 John 4:7 – “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God.”
- Matthew 18:15-17 – “If your brother sins against you, go and tell him his fault, between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. But if he does not listen, take one or two others along with you, that every charge may be established by the evidence of two or three witnesses. If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church. And if he refuses to listen even to the church, let him be to you as a Gentile and a tax collector.”
- 2 Corinthians 8:1-5 – “We want you to know, brothers, about the grace of God that has been given among the churches of Macedonia, for in a severe test of affliction, their abundance of joy and their extreme poverty have overflowed in a wealth of generosity on their part. For they gave according to their means, as I can testify, and beyond their means, of their own free will, begging us earnestly for the favor of taking part in the relief of the saints— and this, not as we expected, but they gave themselves first to the Lord and then by the will of God to us.”
- Galatians 6:10 – “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the household of faith.”
- Acts 2:42 – “And they devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and fellowship, to the breaking of bread and the prayers.”
- 1 Peter 1:13-16 – “Therefore, preparing your minds for action, and being sober-minded, set your hope fully on the grace that will be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ. As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct, since it is written, “You shall be holy, for I am holy.””
- Matthew 28:19-20 – “Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- 2 Timothy 2:2 – “And what you have heard from me in the presence of many witnesses entrust to faithful men who will be able to teach others also.”
- 1 Corinthians 12:12 – “For just as the body is one and has many members, and all the members of the body, though many, are one body, so it is with Christ.”